Now that the holidays are behind us and winter still upon us, we find ourselves inside a lot more. In fact, you are probably sitting inside reflecting on how nice it would’ve been to have your basement finished when you hosted Christmas! Or maybe you were invited to a home party for New Years and thought…I want to have my basement done too. As an interior designer, I see the interest to remodel the basement during the winter months.
Where do I start with a basement remodel?
- Decide what you want the function of the space to serve (bar area, new bathroom, game room, TV room, for the kids, all of the above).
- Decide what your budget is going to be (basements can be $30-100,000, if you are including cabinets and new partition walls).
- Decide when you want this to be completed (it’ll take 6 or more months to complete).
- Meet with a professional to get you started in the right direction.
- Hire a professional (the basement project is daunting enough for the expert, you will be glad you hired a professional to design and install).
I hope this gets you started in the right direction. Happy remodeling.